East Amherst, NY
East Amherst is centered in an area originally known as "Transit Station", a name that has its origins in the railroad station of the New York Central "Peanut Line" that crossed Transit Road just north of Muegel Road. The New York Central Railway arrived in the area in 1854, with the completion of the Canandaigua and Niagara Falls railroads. By 1858, the completion of the railroad spurred the development of the area and other hamlets, such as Transit Station, (now East Amherst,) and Getzville. The name "Peanut Line" came from the railroad's gauge tracks. As its farmlands were developed into residential subdivisions, "East Amherst" began to emerge as the most frequently used name for the area
No listings found.